Hi! I just wanted to you reach out and express my thanks for your support of SFBV and to give you an update on changes we have made to our programming since we cannot hold in person classes due to COVID-19. I will be starting a virtual/call-in parenting class soon (see below). If you have any parents/clients who are interested or who you would like to refer, please have them call me at (979) 567-2312 or email me at Holly.Narro@ag.tamu.edu
- As a Healthy Marriage/Responsible Fatherhood grantee, our focus continues to be on offering our relationship course. We are offering this course online with a new cohort starting every 2-3 weeks. The course is 8 hours and participants are given 3 weeks to complete it. The relationship course is mandatory for everyone SFBV serves.
- We are piloting our parenting and finance classes using a combination of a home use DVD (for parenting), our online course (for finance), and weekly coaching with one of our coordinators via Zoom. Participants will be expected to view the lesson for the week before joining in a Zoom meeting to review the lesson and go over that week’s homework.
- Zoom allows participants to join the class via video or phone in a secure online classroom that is routed through AgriLife servers.
- All class materials (DVDs and workbooks) will be either mailed or hand delivered to participants with our staff adhering to social distancing guidelines.
- Case management and service coordination for our clients will continue with our coordinators reaching out to all current clients via phone and/or email.
SFBV continues to offer programming to support the families of the Brazos Valley during this difficult time and we appreciate your ongoing support through referrals and information sharing. Please let me know if you have any questions or you can contact my Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 346-800-3467.
Program Coordinator, Burleson County
Strengthening Families of the Brazos Valley
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
100 West Buck Street, Suite 105
Caldwell, Texas 77836
Fostering healthy families by strengthening the relationships that matter