Updates and information
Stay informed by doing the following:
- Bookmark this page: https://www.somervilleisd.org/o/somerville-isd/page/covid-19-information--85
- Follow Somerville ISD on social media: Facebook, Twitter
- Download the Somerville ISD app: App Store, Google Play
THURSDAY, APRIL 02, 2020
Parents and Guardians,
Though we are apart right now for our health and safety, we at Somerville ISD continue to support each other as a community, and right now we must work together to fight COVID-19. In order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, DISTRICT will be reaching out to you via email, phone, text message, and social media over the next two weeks to share vitally important guidance.
This guidance is based on what scientists know about how to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and it is our hope that you will do what you can to follow these practices and share them with your friends and family.
Thank you for all you are doing to educate your children at home and all the efforts you’re making to keep your family healthy and safe. We know this is a difficult time. If we stand apart as a community during this stretch and continue following the public health practices we will be sharing over the coming days, we will be back together soon.
NO SCHOOL THROUGH APRIL 13TH/NO HAY CLASES HASTA EL 13 DE ABRIL
FRIDAY, MARCH 27, 2020
Due to concerns of keeping our students safe and healthy we will extend the school closure through April 13th and continue to provide at home instruction and lunches. We will keep our schedules the same with drop off and pick up on Mondays. We have packets ready and sitting for at least 24 hrs prior to handing out to keep our students safe. Lunch schedules will remain the same. Please contact us if you have any concerns or you need help. STAY SAFE and STAY HOME!
Debido a las preocupaciones de mantener a nuestros estudiantes seguros y saludables, ampliaremos el cierre de la escuela hasta el 13 de abril y continuaremos brindando instrucción y almuerzos en casa. Mantendremos nuestros horarios igual con la entrega y recogida los lunes. Tenemos paquetes listos y sentados durante al menos 24 horas antes de repartir para mantener a nuestros estudiantes seguros. Los horarios de almuerzo seguirán siendo los mismos. Póngase en contacto con nosotros si tiene alguna inquietud o si necesita ayuda.¡MANTENTE SEGURO y MANTENTE EN CASA!
PLEASE UPDATE YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2020
Please use the following form to update your cell phone number and email address is you have not received an alert from the school district today using the following link.
SCHOOL CLOSURE MARCH 17TH- APRIL 3RD, 2020
TUESDAY, MARCH 17, 2020
March 17, 2020
Dear Somerville ISD Parents/Guardians,
It is in the best interest of our students, staff, and community to keep Somerville ISD closed until April 3, 2020.
This decision comes after consultation with the Brazos County Health Department, following the first identified case of COVID-19 in our neighboring county of Brazos. We know this decision will greatly impact our families and our students. Please understand this decision was not easy but it is based on recommendations from our local and state health leaders to contain the spread of the virus.
● We are committed to educating our children so closing our schools does not mean education will come to a halt. Within the next few days, Somerville ISD will share information on how we will continue to educate our students at home. There are a lot of moving pieces to make this happen, but we are already working on the best strategies for each grade level, so all of our students continue to receive instruction.
● Our free “grab and go lunch” will continue Monday - Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the cafeteria.
● We are working on contacting every parent to gather more information on all at home resources such as, a personnel device or internet access. We are also asking about student lunches so we may plan to provide better access to students lunches next week.
● We are working on a spreadsheet of online resources for students and parents to access for free and we will post on our webpage soon.
One of our greatest strengths is our community. Together, we will get through this new and ever-changing challenge. While much remains in motion right now, we will continue working diligently to make decisions in the best interest of our students, staff, and community.