Dedicated to empowering learning for every student, every day, by providing engaging, viable, and relevant curriculum.
Determined to build strategic partnerships that foster a culture of learning for all.
Dynamic leadership focused on attaining and retaining excellent teachers to pave the way for student success.
Devoted to equity; closing the learning gaps by knowing every student by name, strength, and need.
Somerville Independent School District will provide a safe educational environment that fosters academic achievement, post-secondary success, and ensures each student graduates from high school both college and career ready with the ability to become responsible, productive, and contributing citizens in a diverse world.
- Provide high-quality instruction for all through academic and post-secondary success through proficiency in reading and math, and implement programs aimed to support college and career readiness in a safe and secure environment.
- Recruit, retain, and develop high-quality teaching staff, who engage in continuous professional development focused on providing viable and relevant student instruction, and who share the responsibility for providing a positive and successful learning environment.
- Maximize partnerships by engaging students, parents, staff, and the community to maximize every child’s potential.
- Effectively personalize learning, and close all learning gaps for each child, by adopting a plan to know every single student from Pre-K to 12th grade; their strengths and needs, and focus on educational success for each.
- Every child can learn.
- Students always come first.
- Our diversity is our greatest asset.
- Our schools should be a safe and secure place for our students, staff, and parents.
- Feedback loops and self-reflection are imperative for growth.
- Teachers direct student outcomes.
SISD Board Approved on Jan. 22, 2019